About Me

My photo
I am currently studying Bachelor of Learning Management (Secondary / VET). My employment history includes, trainer and training coordinator for business, retail, hospitality, literacy and numeracy courses. I enjoy teaching and have decided to take the next step. On a personal note, my husband and 2 children are the reason why I strive to be the best I can be. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Copyright - creating a website

When creating a website for school purposes

It is important to ensure that the copyright measures that the school requires are included in your websites. All schools have different requirements, the requirements for Queensland Government schools is included below.

“Schools are not separate legal entities but are part of the State of Queensland acting through the Department of Education and Training.

Websites should indicate who owns the copyright by including:

  • Copyright acknowledgement in the format " © Copyright The State of Queensland (Department of Education and Training) YYYY-YYYY" - the dates being the site creation date to the current year
  • A link to the departmental Copyright and Disclaimer Statements.”
(Department of Education and Training, 2003)


Department of Education and Training. (2003). Copyright and Intellectual Property. Retrieved 21 November, 2010, from http://education.qld.gov.au/web/schools/copyright.html

No comments:

Post a Comment