About Me

My photo
I am currently studying Bachelor of Learning Management (Secondary / VET). My employment history includes, trainer and training coordinator for business, retail, hospitality, literacy and numeracy courses. I enjoy teaching and have decided to take the next step. On a personal note, my husband and 2 children are the reason why I strive to be the best I can be. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Mobaphoto

Overview
Mobaphoto is a tool that has been developed to create professional looking photo galleries for webpages, you can edit photos including resize, crop, reduce red eye (Softonic, 2010) and rename a batch of photos.

Strength
Easy way to change the size, eliminate red eye and change the contrast and brightness of photos so you can upload them to a webpage. You can also create a photo gallery or slideshow of photos.

Weakness
It is a basic program mainly aimed at use for internet, photos can be altered to a higher degree in other programs that do not need to be downloaded.

Opportunity
This would be a good program to show photos from a camp or project or just to resize photos.

Threat
Programs like Movie Maker would be more appropriate as you can then add sound to the slideshow making it more relevant and suited to more learning styles.

Compatibility to learning styles
Mainly for visual learners or to jog memory of past events.

What learning theory it is most used for (links to this blog site)
Mobaphoto can be used for Constructivism or Social Constructivism.

Meaning to me
I may have missed a use for this program but feel that for me it has limited use due to it's limitations and what you can already achieve through different programs. Anyone can easily resize photos by mock sending them to email, as I am comfortable with this I will continue to use and promote this method. Please post a comment if you find a different use or if you personally find this program interesting.

Softonic. (2010). MobaPhoto 1.42. Retrieved 7 December, 2010, from http://mobaphoto.en.softonic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment