About Me

My photo
I am currently studying Bachelor of Learning Management (Secondary / VET). My employment history includes, trainer and training coordinator for business, retail, hospitality, literacy and numeracy courses. I enjoy teaching and have decided to take the next step. On a personal note, my husband and 2 children are the reason why I strive to be the best I can be. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Changes in Education

This YouTube is a must see...


"21st Century Education
This video was produced by the New Brunswick Department of Education to stimulate discussion among educators and other stakeholders in public education in the province of New Brunswick. The 21st Century presents unique challenges for education worldwide. In order to keep pace with global change we must focus on 21st Century Skills and public education must adapt to keep students engaged. Rigor and relevance are key" (excerpt from YouTube)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya
    This clip that you found is so insightful :-) We will forever be adapting to the changing world and preparing our students for this. As educators what do you think are the main skills that we require in order to provide this to our learners??
    Kind regards, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle

    I am glad you liked the clip. The main skill I believe is to show students how to adapt what they already know, how to apply knowledge in different ways. As educators we need to be technology savvy and to be able impart our knowledge to students, to help them not only in the classroom but to prepare them for their futures.

    ReplyDelete